Enrol as Biobank Leader
The ‘Biobank Leader’ is the most responsible person in the biobank. Examples of Biobank Leaders include: the Principal Investigator, Biobank Manager, Biobank Director, Research Laboratory Manager etc.
Registration is the first phase of the certification program. The goal of this phase is to collect basic information about the biobank and have one person (e.g. the biobank leader) complete the introductory biobank education course.The registration process:
- Complete the biobank registration form by entering the required basic information (this takes about 15 minutes).
- Complete "Module 1: Basics of Biobanking" (this task can take 2-3 hours).
- Complete the test for Module 1.
- Download the Registration Record.
- Receive access to the best practice standards documents and share these with the biobank team members.