Enrol as Biobank Leader
The ‘Biobank Leader’ is the most responsible person in the biobank. Examples of Biobank Leaders include: the Principal Investigator, Biobank Manager, Biobank Director, Research Laboratory Manager etc.
Registration is the first phase of the certification program. The goal of this phase is to collect basic information about the biobank and have one person (e.g. the biobank leader) complete the introductory biobank education course.There is no charge to register to this phase of the program.The registration process:
- Complete the biobank registration form by entering the required basic information (this takes about 15 minutes).
- Complete "Module 1: Basics of Biobanking" (this task can take 2-3 hours).
- Complete the test for Module 1.
- Download the Registration Record.
- Registration will allow you access to SOP templates and ROPs that are based on best practice standards.